Colbert County is home to a variety of diverse attractions and things to do. It’s the birthplace of the Muscle Shoals sound and Helen Keller. There are several opportunities to explore the beauty of nature in Colbert County, and if you’re looking for unique attractions, well, you’ll find those, too.
1. Visit a recording studio: Muscle Shoals Sound (3614 Jackson Highway), Cypress Moon Productions, and FAME Recording Studio
www.msmusicfoundation.org, www.cypressmoonproduction.com, and www.fame2.com
2. Alabama Music Hall of Fame – www.alamhof.org
3. Ivy Green – Helen Keller Birthplace – www.helenkellerbirthplace.org
4. Spring Park – www.tuscumbiarailway.com
5. Cane Creek Canyon – www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Cane-Creek-Canyon-Nature-Preserve-126802417335447
6. Natchez Trace – www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm
7. Robert Trent Jones – The Shoals – www.rtjgolf.com/theshoals
8. Coon Dog Cemetery – www.coondogcemetery.com
9. Rattlesnake Saloon – www.rattlesnakesaloon.net
10. LaGrange College Site – www.recall-lagrange.00me.com
11. Belle Mont Mansion – www.bellemont.weebly.com
12. Fish on Pickwick or Wilson Lakes – www.pickwicklake.net
Information for this story was provided by the Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association. You can visit their website for more details and ideas for other things to do at NorthAlabama.org.
Copyright 2016 Magic City Weekend. All rights reserved.